BC Renal is seeking patients and family members to participate in the Patient & Family Engagement Advisory Committee, which will guide this engagement in our provincial committees and key activities. Participants will help make decisions to advance patient and family engagement based on the BC Renal Patient and Family Engagement Framework. Committee members will include patient partners, health professionals from regional health authorities, as well as staff from BC Renal and the Kidney Foundation—BC & Yukon Branch. Members will work together by sharing their perspectives on what matters in patient and family engagement in BC Renal committees and key activities.
Level of engagement: Collaborate: BC Renal will work together with all members in decision making, developing alternatives and solutions, and will include your recommendations into each decision as much as possible.
- Quarterly meetings; 90 minutes each via video or teleconference during typical work day hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- An annual meeting will be a half-day in-person meeting in Vancouver if circumstances permit (post-pandemic)
- Term membership will be two years with possible extension for up to one more year.
Compensation: Expenses for travel and accommodation, if needed, will be reimbursed.
Please respond to the following questions by email (email@example.com) or phone (604-875-7340):
- Briefly describe your experience with kidney disease.
- Why are you interested in being on this committee?
- What skills and expertise would you bring to this committee?