The BC Renal Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Committee works to enhance and foster excellence in the delivery of peritoneal dialysis throughout BC. It involves developing and implementing strategies to optimize a common, person-centred and cost-effective approach to PD care across the province. Committee membership includes patient partners, clinical, and administrative leaders from provincial and regional health authorities and BC Renal. Members work together by sharing their perspectives to enhance strategic planning and ensure quality PD care. Patient partners are integral committee members for working together with kidney health professionals to better quality of life in patients receiving PD treatment and their family caregivers.
Level of engagement: Collaborate: BC Renal will work together with all members in decision making, developing alternatives and solutions, and include your recommendations into each decision as much as possible.
- Three meetings a year: Two meetings are 1.5 hours each via tele- or web-conference from 3:30 – 5:00 pm. One meeting is usually in-person (full day) during typical work day hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Term membership will be for three years with possibility of extension.
Compensation: Expenses for travel and accommodation, if needed, will be reimbursed.
Please respond to the following questions by email (email@example.com) or phone (604-875-7340):
- Why are you interested in being on this committee?
- What skills and expertise would you bring to this committee?
- Which renal program are/ were you or your family member in (i.e., Fraser Health, Interior Health, Island Health, Northern Health, Providence Health Care, or Vancouver Coastal Health)?