The BC Renal Home Hemodialysis (HHD) Committee guides the development of the provincial independent hemodialysis program, ensuring high quality, safe, and fair patient care. Committee membership includes patient partners, clinical, and administrative leaders from regional health authorities and BC Renal. Members work together by sharing their perspectives to support excellence in the delivery of independent hemodialysis care in BC. Patient partners are integral committee members by working together with kidney health professionals to ensure quality care for patients receiving independent dialysis treatment.
Level of engagement: Collaborate: BC Renal will work together with all members in decision making and developing solutions, and will include your recommendations into each decision as much as possible.
- 3 meetings a year: Meetings are 1 hour each via Zoom (webconference). One meeting is usually in-person for 1 hr annually in May. All meeting are during typical workday hours.
- Term of membership will be for three years with possibility of extension.
Compensation: Expenses for travel and accommodation, if needed, will be reimbursed.
RSVP questions: Please respond to the following questions by email (email@example.com) or phone (604875-7340):
- Why are you interested in being on this committee?
- What skills and expertise would you bring to this committee?
- Which renal program are/ were you or your family member in (i.e., Fraser Health, Interior Health, Island Health, Northern Health, Providence Health Care, or Vancouver Coastal Health)?