Five Days in May is back for 2021! The past year was profoundly shaped by COVID-19 with rapid mobilization of research studies and supports, new collaborations and partnerships and tremendous learning in a complex, dynamic environment.
Join us for a virtual edition of Island Health’s annual health research showcase, and learn about key COVID-19 research initiatives.
Island Health’s flagship health research month is designed to educate, inform, inspire and stimulate. Every year, we bring together researchers and students, patients and healthcare providers, decision-makers and members of the public to learn, share ideas and spark innovation.
Please save the following dates and click on the links below to register. More details to come!
Friday, May 7, 2021
- 10am-11am PDT: Where to Go Next: How the Current Pandemic has Informed Future Public Health Research Priorities
- 3pm-4pm PDT: Relational Roots of Indigenous COVID Research
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
- 11am-12pm PDT: In a Pandemic and Beyond: Engaging Patients as Partners for Hospital at Home
Monday, May 17, 2021
- 10am-11am PDT: Building a Knowledge Enterprise for Long Term Care in British Columbia
- 3pm-4pm PDT: Can asking just one question inform better responses to the current drug-poisoning emergency?
Thursday, May 20, 2021 – International Clinical Trials Day
- 10am-11am PDT: Clinical Trials and a Learning Health System During a Pandemic
- 11am-12:30pm PDT: Clinical Trials: Stops, Pivots & Strides during a Pandemic
- 1pm-2pm PDT: The Latest Developments in COVID-19 Vaccine Research
- 3pm-3:30pm PDT: Anticipate Eight: Updates for Good Clinical Practice in 2021
Thursday, May 27, 2021
- 10am-11am PDT: Pathways to Mental Health: Community and Connection during COVID and Beyond
- 1pm – 2pm PDT: REDCap™ to the Rescue: How a Tool for Research Supported Pandemic Response and Recovery